Monday, December 8, 2008

Menu Planning Monday










How the weeks are flying by so quickly!  Only 3 & 1/2 weeks left in 2008 and 2 & 1/2 weeks until Christmas and it seems like there is much to be done yet!

This week I am trying to finish up some projects around the house and get ready for a visit from my parents who will stop here for a few weeks before they make their 2nd Annual Winter Pilgrimage to warm and sunny Florida.

The "To Do" list is very long this week, so I've tried to plan some easy meals - but I'm also trying to do a bit ahead so I don't have to cook every night they are here.

Monday:  Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Stew

Tuesday: Tuna Burgers and Baked Potatoes (& make extra Tuna Burgers ahead to freeze)

Wednesday: Spaghetti (make big batch of sauce to freeze for next week)

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Pizza (make extra individual size crusts and freeze)

Saturday: Cook up 20 lb. turkey (on sale at Target .79/ lb.)  Turkey and ?

Sunday: Turkey sandwiches

If you stop back Wednesday, I am planning to share my recipe for  Tuna Burgers.  If you like crab cakes, you should like these.   I am planning to make a big batch of them up and freeze them so they are ready for quick and easy dinners.

If you want more menu planning ideas check here.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I would love a little more info about your sauce.

Candace said...

I'd be glad to share it. I make spaghetti all the time - it is one of my husband's favorites. I'll try to do a post with the recipe soon.

Thanks for stopping by!