Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Noodle Soup - Step 4


OK, now for the finishing touches!  There's not much to do now!
You should have the broth all ready.  Put the amount that you want to use today in a large pot.  Set the rest aside to cool.  I made about 30 cups of broth and I will use 10 cups tonight.


1. Bring the broth to a low boil and add your egg noodles.  I used about 10 oz from this 16 oz bag and had about 10 cups of broth.  We like LOTS of noodles.  

You will also want to add salt at this time to the broth.  I add and then taste and add some more.  

2. Stir and bring to very low simmer.  Cover and cook for 15 - 20 min.  The noodles will thicken the soup.  Don't cook too fast!  

3.  Add about 1-2 cups of the turkey cut into small pieces.

4. Serve it up with some homemade bread.  We had honey oat I made in the bread machine.



5. Enjoy!

My son said tonight that he wants to have this every night for dinner.  Now that's good soup!

I will post a little later and show you an easy way to freeze the extra broth.

Go Here for Turkey Noodle Soup - Step 5.

No comments: