Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Did NOT fall off the Planet!

I know you've figured that I fell off the planet right? I've had a few of those weeks where life takes over and blogging has to go on the back burner for awhile.

One of the things I've been doing is massive Spring Cleaning!!! I've also been totally inspired by Thrifty Decor Chick (Sarah) and have done a bit of updating with some paint. I only found her blog awhile ago and I love her ideas.




















Here is an item that I have been working on during the past few weeks. I show you the wonderful new look in a few days. This in an old cabinet that we found in the barn of our first home, it was so dirty and old that it looked like it should go into the trash! I gave it this paint job MANY years ago and am now tired of the look. We use it to hold videos inside and our VCR goes on the top.

Below are some of the pictures that got me motivated to give it an update.

These pictures are from the Thrifty Decor Chick's website and are projects that Sarah did. I LOVE the coffee table. In fact, I bought a coffee table this past week at Goodwill for under $20 and did a redo on it! I'll show you that soon too - I think it looks great!

Thanks Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for the inspiration!

































































The paint color that is used here is called Black Suede from Behr (Home Depot).

Stop back in a few days and I will have the finished project for you to see!

2 comments:

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Thanks for the mention! :)

Ginger said...

ooooh!!!! I LOVE that color. Gotta go paint something now!