Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kid's Puzzle Organizer

I have been working on cleaning out my garage this week and decided that I needed to do something with all the boxes of puzzles. They take up a lot of space and when we want to play with them we have to pile them up and bring them inside.

I remember seeing an article some time ago about a mom that put the puzzles in bags to reduce the space they took up and I decided to give it a try.

I had a small crate in the garage that fit quart sized zip lock bags perfectly! I think it was from the Dollar Store.




















I had about 8 - 25 piece puzzles that I wanted to "de-box".



















I cut the top of the box off - the part with the picture. Then I placed that and the puzzle pieces in the bag.



















In the end I have a nice little crate that fits nicely on the shelf. Now when we want to play with the puzzles I can just grab the crate!

I liked the results so much that I did the same thing with several 100 piece puzzles that I also had in the garage!

3 comments:

NO said...

I do that with board puzzles. My ds ST gave me the idea. I LOVE zippered freezer bag sized plastic bags - the greatest thing for puzzles, toys, etc!

Candace said...

I need to do that with our board puzzles too - I think that I will have to get 2 gallon bags for some of them - the are the big Melissa and Doug types.

Julie said...

Oh my gosh- I never thought of this! DS LOVES puzzles and I currently have them in a huge tub, which makes it hard to get to the puzzle you want without dumping a bunch. Great idea!!