Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Have I Been Doing?

If you've noticed I have not been doing much blogging lately. I have really felt the need to get things caught up around here and also to get rid of some stuff that I have been hanging on to.

My attic has been quite filled with baby and children's things. I have finally decided to part with these items. This past year I hit the big 40 and suspect that it is unlikely that we will have anymore little ones. If the Lord chooses to bless us with another one, then I will just hit some yard sales! Since I figure the chance of another baby is small, there's now much sense holding on to all these things - just in case... the overload of "stuff" in my house needs to be dealt with now!
















So after spending a few days camping with my family, we have been pulling boxes out of the attic and I have been sorting and washing and of course reminiscing. I can't believe my "big" boy, who turns 6 next week, wore these tiny precious things! How fast it all goes by... (sniff, sniff)

I did allow myself one box of things to keep from each one and will pass these precious items on to them when, hopefully, I have grandchildren someday. Things like, the outfit they came home in, the first Christmas outfits, handmade items and a few favorites.

















If you need baby items - especially boys newborn through 2T/3T/4T. And baby girls up to about 12 months, I will be having a BIG yardsale on 6/12-13/09 - Weather permitting. I will post more about it when it gets closer. (My whole neighborhood has one then too!!!)

















I will also be selling some items from my "stash", some baby equipment and household items too.

















Can you believe this box of Shoes! Some are so cute!
















Here is some of the mess in my garage still needing to be dealt with!

If you need a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" - I will have one for sale! Really Cheap!

I hope you will come by my sale and buy some of my stuff! I will give you more details before the sale!

1 comment:

Raise Them Up said...

Oh my goodness! You do have a ton of things! Love the shoes. :)

I've been doing the same thing. It's hard, though, isn't it?

I kind of wish someone else would come in and take the stuff out so I'm not tempted to enlarge my keep-sake box to the size of warehouse!

Love the picture of the beach, too!