Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Meditations

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great High Priest, whose name is love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven in His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that, while in heav'n He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within, I look
Up ward above and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Saviour died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him, and pardon me.

Behold Him there! the risen Lamb!
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I Am,
The King of glory and of grace!

One with Himself, I cannot die,
My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Saviour and my God.

No comments: