Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Planning Monday 5/11/09 - Freezer Week











I usually plan the whole month of meals out at the beginning of the month. Well, this month seems to be just slipping away! I will be trying to use up some odds and ends up from my freezer over the next few weeks so I will just be planning a week at a time - so I can assess what's left and needs to be used up.

Here is the plan for this week:

Monday: Taco Salad's with left over chili from the freezer

Tuesday: Turkey Noodle soup - use broth from freezer

Wednesday: Breakfast - with bacon and hash browns from freezer

Thursday: Turkey, Broccoli and rice casserole - use turkey and broccoli from freezer

Friday: Black eyed peas and ham over rice - use ham from freezer

Saturday: Pizza and Salad


I really hate to waste food, so I'll be trying to get creative to use up the things I have in there that really need to be eaten before they get freezer burn or get too old.

I would challenge you for this week, as you plan your menu - look at what needs to be eaten in your fridge or freezer and see what you can do with it to make a yummy meal!

No comments: