Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Meditations

A few weeks ago in church we sang the song "Jesus, I Am Resting", my son who is 6 told me that it is his new favorite song and so we've been singing it during school time - I love to hear him sing it, it is so sweet! The (almost) 2 year old chimes in too with her own version of the words.

Here are the first 2 verses. For the complete words to this and many other hymns go here.


Jesus, I Am Resting. Words by: Jean S. Piogott


Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.


Refrain:
Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

























Oh, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
Oh, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.



Enjoy a blessed day of rest today!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love this hymn too. It's a good reminder that all of the busy-ness of this life will one day come to an end, but our sweet rest in Christ will continue forever.

Joshua likes to request Jehovah Tsidkenu and Holy, Holy, Holy during our morning Bible times at home. :) It's good to see children with an interet in singing to the Lord, even if the don't fully grasp what they are singing about.

Raise Them Up said...

I love this song. And that picture is just perfect. :) What a sweetie!