Monday, January 19, 2009

CVS Shopping 1/19/09 - $57.84 for $2.11


















I got this for $2.11


It's been awhile since I've posted about the shopping that I do at CVS.  This has been an especially good week!  There were some great coupon and deal match ups!  Here is a picture and the transactions I did.  It is a good week to start, because I used no ECB's on my first transaction.

I would also like to show over the next few weeks,  how that with a rolling total of $10 in ECB you can get a lot of your personal items for free!


Starting total in ECB's (from last week) = $9.98

Transaction #1

1 milk 2.79
2 Duracell Batteries 2.99 ea
1 CVS Allergy Med 3.79
3 American Greeting Cards .99 ea


Coupons

$5 off $15 coupon (printed when I scanned my card at the scanner)
$5 off 2 Duracell Batteries - from tear pad on battery rack
$3 off 1 CVS brand item  (my CVS accepts expired CVS coupons for 2 weeks)
2/ .75 off  Duracell Batteries - manufacturers coupon


Total OOP = $1.03

Received ECB's
3.00 (for American Greetings)
3.79 (for CVS Allergy)


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transaction #2
1 Milk 2.79
2 Duracell Batteries 2.99 ea.
1 CVS Allergy 3.79


Coupons
2/ .75  off  Duracell Batteries - manufacturers coupon
$5 off 2 Duracell Batteries - from tear pad on battery rack
$3 off 1 CVS brand item  (my CVS accepts expired CVS coupons for 2 weeks)
$3.00 ECB (from last transaction)

Total OOP = .06

Received ECB's
3.79 (for CVS Allergy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction #3
2 CVS Bags 4.49
1 Milk 2.79
2 Duracell Batteries 2.99 ea

Coupons
2/ .75  off  Duracell Batteries - manufacturers coupon
$5 off 2 Duracell Batteries - from tear pad on battery rack
$3 off 1 CVS brand item  (my CVS accepts expired CVS coupons for 2 weeks)
$3.79 ECB (from last transaction)

OOP = $1.02
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Spent - $2.11

Ending ECB's:  ($13.77)
$9.98 (unused from previous week)
$3.79

If you are new to CVS and need help finding deals look here.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Just curious.... I live in Indy and was wondering which CVS in Indy accepts expired CVS coupons?

Thanks!!

Candace said...

I like the one at Franklin and Brookville Rd, but I've also been able to use expired CVS coupons at the one at Franklin and Southeastern and the one on Washington Street in Cumberland.

I think many of the CVS stores will let you use an expired CVS coupon until it beeps in the register - which is about 2 weeks.

It's really nice to know - especially when something goes on sale the day after your CVS coupon expires!

Anna said...

Hi, Candace! I just want to say thanks so much for coming to our mops meeting today. I was so blessed by your speech, and your commitment to save so much money! I have long been a frugal girl, spending only $60 a week on groceries, but you are blowing my mind with savings. Thank you again. I think you have won another convert.
Anna
http://lassothemoon.typepad.com