Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Favorite Blogs

I thought I would tell you about some of the great Blog resources that I use to help me with my grocery/household shopping.  I have found some great ones that I can go to and the work is already done for me!  They do a great job of matching up the sales and coupons and even show and link me to printable coupons.  

I just print what they have posted, take a look at it and highlight what I might want to pick up that week.  It saves me a ton of time scouring the sales ads.  I still take a quick peek at the ad to see if they missed anything!

One thing to keep in mind is that our Meijer and Kroger's change their ads on Thursdays.  We actually  have an advantage, because most other areas change ads the Sunday before we do.  So, if you look at the posting for Kroger or Meijer on Monday, you are getting a peek at the deals that you will have available on Thursday.  If you are going shopping Monday, and want to find out the best deals, look at the previous week's post. (Does that make sense?)  The advantage is that you can see if something you need will go on sale at the end of the week!  CVS and Walgreens change ads on Sundays so these are not affected.




One of my favorite blogs to check grocery store, CVS and Walgreens deals is BeCentsAble.  They have a feature called the Grocery Gathering where you can find pretty much any store you need.  They have several blogs linked for each store and you can click on them and check out the deals.  If you haven't checked out The Grocery Gathering I recommend it!

I'm sure there are great blogs out there I don't know about, so leave a comment and tell us about your favorite blog.   Ok, I'm sure Frugal Indy is your favorite (wink, wink) so let us know about your second favorite. =) 

No comments: