Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stay-at-Home Challenge - Update 1/7/09















I wanted to update you on my January Challenge.  
(If you  haven't read about it yet you can go here.)

Basically, my plan is to stay home and take a grocery shopping & coupon break so I can:

#1: Organize the house, minimize clutter, make the space we have work.
#2: Save $.
#3: Time for Savvy Savings program preparation.

So far,  the challenge is going well and I am enjoying the extra time I have in the week.  I have my Month of Meals Planned and have all the necessary items for them.  I will need to go to the store soon for some produce and diapers.

I have been able to reorganize my kitchen cabinets, making it much easier for me to find the things I need.  I emptied many of them and tried to rethink the space and use it better.  I moved my spices from a corner cabinet, where I couldn't see them very well, to a drawer nearer the stove.  I love being able to see all the labels and not dig around for the one I need!

I have several more things I would like to reorganize this month:
  1. Kid's Craft items, coloring books, paper, paints
  2. Upstairs bathroom  cabinet
  3. Master Bath cabinet
  4. Linen Closet - toiletry/personal care stash

 Also, I have had some good time to prepare for the Savvy Savings programs, read more to the kids and get a few other things done.  

So, I highly recommend you take the challenge and stay home!  Take a grocery shopping break. Maybe you can only do a week, if so try that and pick something to do in that afternoon you would have spent at the store.  


No comments: