Friday, March 13, 2009

Kmart and Kroger Shopping

Tonight I made what I thought would be a quick trip out to Kroger and then Kmart to snag a few items.

I went to Kroger first to get a few of the things in the Mega Deal sale.  
For $7.01 I was able to get:

1 Quaker Quakes
2 Mini Wheat Cereal
1 Shedds Country Crock
2 bags Armor Meatballs
3 boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes
1 Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada (There was a coupon on one of the boxes of potatoes for free Hamburger Helper if you bought 3 BC potatoes)
1 Kroger baby cups
1 Colgate toothpaste

For those of you who might not be big fans of Hamburger Helper - the cheesy enchilada is great!  I make it up and then add a can of black beans, roll it up into tortillas and put some cheese on top and then brown in the oven.  Really good and really cheap! 


Sorry you can't see the stuff too well!  Molly was having a blast putting the groceries all back into the bag!




Next I stopped at Kmart,  I only picked up a few things but it took me awhile to check out.  I won't give you the whole loooong story but I do have good news for you!

Kmart is now accepting Internet Printable Coupons!  My friend Elizabeth gave me the heads up and so I went and gave it a test tonight.  There were clear signs in the store stating they would accept them - except for free items and for razors.

The Internet Printable Coupons also doubled for me!  Well - sort of.  I used 2/ $1.00 off 2 Progresso coupons I printed off Coupons.com,  I also had 2/ $2.00 off 4 Progresso coupons but they would only go up to $2.69 instead of $4.00, so I decided not to stock up on the extra cans of soup.  Also, the soup was clearly marked 2 for $3 on the counter, but was ringing up at $2.69, so that took awhile to get straightened out.

The little boxes of Lipton tea are $1.19 and there were some .50 and .60 coupons out recently, so I got the last 2 boxes of that - sorry if you'd like some too!  Maybe they'll restock next week?

The Kmart Double Coupon Sale is going on through Tuesday, March 17th.  If there are any good coupons this weekend, I will be going back again next week - and will be checking the IP's more thoroughly now that I know they double.

Here are the Coupon Rules for Kmart's Sale:

No Overages

Coupons will only double to the current price of 1 item (This is the reason my soup coupon only doubled to 2.69)

1 coupon per item

4 same items max (Just do multiple transactions if you want more than 4)

B1G1 coupons and Kmart coupons won't double.

75 coupons per day per customer.






Here are my totals for tonight:


Kmart 2.82
Kroger 7.01
Total =  $9.83


1 comment:

eworpell said...

You have really got to watch with eagle eyes when they ring stuff up at K-Mart. I got some Steamfresh frozen veggies that the tag said were 3 for $4.00 and I had a $1/2 coupon for them...when I went over my reciept at home, they rang up $2.79 each! So I got ripped of a little over $4.00! I'm thinking about taking my reciept back in to see if they'll fix it...