Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kroger - Sale Ends Today


















Kroger is having Turkeys at a great price.  They have Butterball or Honey Suckle frozen turkeys for only .88 cents a lb.  I will be going to pick up a few of these!   (If I have a choice, I'll pick the Honey Suckle, Butterball is not my favorite brand!)

Turkey is a great and one of the most frugal foods I've found.  From a 15-20 lb turkey I can get over 1 week of dinners and quite a few lunches also.  We usually eat hot turkey for a night or two and then I make, turkey pot pie, turkey croquettes, I use the turkey in casseroles instead of chicken and then there is the family favorite, the #1 meal for my crew, the most important reason I buy turkeys and fill up the freezer!!! Turkey Noodle Soup!

We don't necessarily eat the turkey every day for the entire week, I do use my freezer to freeze soup broth and packages of meat for casseroles - so we can spread out the turkey love!  

If you think that turkey is just for the holidays, I would challenge you to stop by Kroger TODAY and pick up a turkey - or 3.  They are easy and yummy.  Use a cooking bag for easy preparation and clean-up.  Plus, I've found that with the cooking bags the broth is incredible, and you don't lose any of it!

What is your favorite use of turkeys?  Let us know!

By-the-way, if you are outside of the Indianapolis area, your Kroger sale will most likely have already ended,  Our Kroger ads run Thursday to Thursday, where most areas run Sunday to Sunday.

No comments: