Wednesday, November 12, 2008

IMCPL Book Sale





This weekend begins the November Book Sale at the Library Services Center. This is a great place to pick up books of all kinds! I have found great children's books, story tapes, homeschooling resources, large print books for Grandma, recipe books and so much more.

Pricing for the books:
Adult Hardbacks $2.00
Juvenile Hardbacks $1.00
Oversized Paperback Books $1.00
Paperback Books $.50
Juvenile Paperbacks $.25
Records, Tapes & CDs $.50 - 1.00
DVD's $2.00


If you want a better deal, wait for next weekend when they have the 1/2 price day on Friday and $5.00 a bag day on Saturday - but more on that later!

You can get the complete schedule of Booksales here.

Also - you cannot take strollers or carts into the center, so keep this in mind. I suggest taking a heavy duty canvass bag. I have a bag with wheels, that is not a "cart" so I use that when I go. Also I would suggest going Friday if you can. First thing Saturday it is quite a crazy zoo! It thins out a bit as you get toward lunch time. Several times I have dropped Hubby and kids off right up the street at the Children's Museum and went down to do my looking and then come back to join them when I was finished.

If you have been to the book sale and have any suggestions please post them below.

1 comment:

eworpell said...

Ahh...books. They are one of weaknesses! I haven't been to many library sales-but I could get lost in a Half-Price book store! :)