Monday, November 17, 2008

Menu Planning Monday


Okay, so here is my second time at the Menu Planning Monday.  I have to admit, I wound up not making several of the meals last week and substituted in others because of time or in the case of the Potato Soup planned for Monday, I forgot to buy chicken stock.  

I did have a chicken to make broth in the fridge, but that was for my family's favorite - Chicken Noodle Soup, also on last week's menu.  I think I would have risked bodily injury if I messed with the chicken soup chicken - these guys are serious about their chicken noodle soup!  Even the (almost) 1 year old begs for more - she does a baby sign for "more" and jumps up and down in her high chair.  So, that said,  you will see Chicken Noodle Soup very often, until of course the turkeys start going down in price - because Turkey Noodle is even better!

I try to do cooking in large batches, when I can and freeze another meal or eat it again later in the week.  I will really be utilizing that method in this week's menus.

Here is the dinner plan for this week.

Monday- Chili (Actually made BIG batch this weekend for Church supper - (this is what's left) + salad and cornbread

Tuesday - Making BIG BIG pot of Spaghetti sauce.  Spaghetti, salad and bread tonight.

Wednesday- Left over Chili as Taco Salad.

Thursday - Chicken Noodle Soup (broth from freezer made last week) Bread

Friday - Homemade Pizza.  It's going to be a busy day, so I will make some individual pizza crusts up this week and freeze them and I'll just have to top them and bake. 

Saturday - Birthday party!  Meatballs with sauce made Tuesday.  (I'll make the meatballs earlier in the week too and stick it in the crock-pot.)

Sunday - Friends over for lunch.   More meatballs.  Jello salad?  Leftover cake.

This is the plan anyway....   What's that famous saying?  Best laid plans of mice and men... (or in this case men-u)


Psalm 34:8  Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;  Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

No comments: