Saturday, November 15, 2008

Super Savings Saturday - Lots of Stops, Lots of Savings... $254 in savings

Well, today was shopping day and I made quite a few stops throughout the day, but it was well worth it.  I was able to "double dip" the sales this weekend as many of the stores had both this past week's and next week's sales active!  



My first stop was at Kroger:
I was really glad to get the plastic bags!  With coupons and the Mega Sale: 
I spent OOP 8.99. 
I saved 23.96
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Next stop Dollar Tree:
4 papers and some all natural chicken broth.
I spent OOP 6.00  (but I don't count the papers against my grocery budget)
I saved 5.00 ( Papers normally 1.75 and broth 2.00)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Third stop CVS:
I was able to get both the sale price of the large pack of batteries for $9.99 and get the $15 ECB on a $20 Duracell purchase.  I did 4 transactions.

I started with a $25 gift card and ended with $15 in ECB's and paid $10.25 OOP, but I got a ton of batteries and I'm so thankful because we use a lot with the baby swing and I was out!
Spent OOP $10.25
Saved $103.85

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Next stop Walgreens.
Again I benefitted from the 2 sale ad being active!  I  bought this past week's cereal deal,  and some other items and used the $2.oo RR + a $1 mc to get the skippy for free. ( The mayo was b1g1, but there was only 1 left so they sold it to me for 1/2 price-  better yet!)

Spent $0 OOP
Spent $19.93 on Walgreens Gift Card 
Will receive $16.50 back on monthly rebate
Saved $30
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Next to Target:
I bought 15 small packages of Archer Farms coffee (1.14 ea) and used 15 $1/1 coupons

Spent OOP $2.10
Saved $15.00

For some reason I can't get the photo of this to upload but when I took the coffee out of the package and put it into some Folger's plastic coffee cans that I had saved it filled 2 and I had 2 bags left!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

FINALLY Meijer:
I bought 4 Kraft Dressings, found some peelies for $1.00 off produce with 2 Kraft dressings, used a coupon for $1 off 2 Kraft Dressings I found here  and then got a $4 off next order coupon from Kraft.  I used that to get most of the canned tomatoes for free.  I plan to go back next week for more dressings and produce.  (Thanks Crystal)

I Spent OOP $15.97
I Saved $19.08

Also forgot to mention I stopped at the bread store: 
Spent OOP $1.16

Total Grocery and Household Spending for the week:

Kmart $14.21
Kroger $8.99
Dollar Tree $2.00
CVS $10.25
Walgreens $0
Target $2.10
Meijer $15.97
Bread $1.16
Total = $54.68

Total Grocery & Household Savings for week:

Kmart $70.79
Kroger $23.96
Dollar Tree $2.00
CVS $103.85
Walgreens $30
Target $15
Meijer $19.08
Bread $4.00
Total = $253.68

If you wonder how I did it?  I left my husband and kids in the car happily listening to the Penn State vs. Indiana Football game!  That way I could quickly run in and get the things I wanted!
If you want to know a specific about a deal email me!

4 comments:

eworpell said...

Looks like you did good again! I was trying to score some free Duncan Hines carrot cake mix that was 10/10 and that I had $1/1 coupons for @Kroger-but they were all gone. My first thought was, "I bet Candi's already been here." :)

Candace said...

I promise I didn't buy all the carrot cake - but I would have bought 4 boxes if there was any!

I did, however, buy all the large packs of D batteries at the CVS! =)

reb said...

HI! I just found you via "money saving mom" and I am So excited to see your blog! I just moved to the area so I'm really eating up all your posts!!:) I was wondering about the papers you get at the dollar tree, do you have to go on a special day to get them with coupons or are they just a day old and you go on monday?
Thank you so much!
Rebekah

Candace said...

Reb-

You can pick up the Sunday papers on either Saturday or Sunday at the Dollar Tree. They are usually located near the registers!

Welcome to Indy! It's a great place to live!