Saturday, November 8, 2008

Super Savings Saturday - Kroger, Aldi and More








I did our weekly shopping today.  I spent $42 at Aldi - but didn't take a photo. Nothing exciting there, just your basics:  Eggs, coffee, fruit, chicken, beans and more.  
Next, I went to "Once Upon a Child" children's clothing resale.  I needed new church shoes for Baby Molly and Zachary (5 yrs old).  I took a grocery bag of clothing to sell to them - mostly baby item Molly has outgrown and no one I know could use.  I received $9.00 for those items and for $10 I was able to get a beautiful pair of boys black dress shoes and 3 pair of baby shoes!  My OOP was only $1.00 - YEA  If you've never been to Once Upon a Child I recommend it.  You can check them out here.



Lastly I went to Kroger and  thanks to Jamie at Thrifty in the Cincy I got $62.17 for only $3.57. She has some good posts on the Mega Event Sale and  I didn't have time to scour the ad so I just printed what she had gotten for free and took it and my coupons with me to the store.  

You can see what I got in the photo.  The Cheerios, cake mix, pasta sauce and granola bars were not part of the sale but I had coupons sent to me from Kroger for these items for free!!! And I actually got 6 of the big waters but I didn't feel like dragging them all into the house!  When I got home I looked at my receipt and realized I was actually overcharged $1.00 - so it should have been around $2.57.



I may go back to Kroger before the sale is over if there are any coupons in this week's paper that will give me free items!

You might wonder what I will do with all the canned milk!  I will use it in Mac and Cheese also I am going to try it instead of my beloved Coffee-mate.



I also stopped by the Dollar Tree and picked up my 4 Sunday papers!  If you did know they sell Sunday papers on Saturday and Sunday for $1.00 each.  Read about it here.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks for the link!! I'm glad you were able to use my list to score some great deals!!! I hadn't thought of using the evaporated milk for mac-n-cheese, I'm so trying that!! Thanks for the tip!!

This was definitely a great week at Kroger! And luckily we get one more week to take advantage of it!!