Monday, April 13, 2009

Menu Planning Monday 4/13/09










If you would like to see my month of meals planned out please go here.

Although I plan out a month of meals, I usually have to adjust the final weekly menu due to the amounts of leftovers or schedule changes.

My original menu for this week looks like this:

4/12 - 18/09---------------------------------

Sunday (Easter) - Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Ham and Bean Soup
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Pizza
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Turkey Noodle Soup


Well, we ate the Turkey Noodle Soup last week on one day when my husband was sick, so that will have to change and I've made a few other changes so the final menu looks like this:


Sunday: Baked Ham, twice baked potatoes, carrots, rolls
Monday: Ham and Cabbage, carrots
Tuesday: Ham and Scalloped potatoes
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: Leftover Spaghetti
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: BBQ Beef Sandwiches


It's nice to have a little stockpile of stuff because I have the ability to change around the menu when I need to without running out to the grocery store!

If you would like to learn more about why you should make your menu out of your stockpile go here.

3 comments:

EmmyJMommy said...

Having a stockpile and the flexibility to use it is great! Way to "go with the flow" on your Menu Planning...both versions look great!

Unknown said...

I love Spaghetti! It's been awhile since we had it. I'll have to have the hubby make it.
You have some terrific meals planned for this week.
Happy MPM!

Candace said...

Thanks for the comments! We LOVE spaghetti - my hubby could eat it every week! (me too!)