Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Super Shopping Day! $300 for only $73 OOP



















Today I did some major shopping. There were some great deals out there and I took advantage of the Super Double Coupon sale going on at Kmart.

I normally try to limit my shopping to 1 store a week plus CVS and Aldi if needed. But, because my hubby was off today and I had some extra help, I decided to tackle a bit more.

We started the day with FREE BREAKFAST at Chick-fil-a! Then across the street to Meijer for a few items. I realized when I was shopping, that I would do much better with some of the items I wanted at the Cumberland Meijer, because they have a much better coupon policy. So, I decided to wait on some items. One of the best deal I got at the Southport Meijer was the Duncan Hines Cake mixes, priced at .96 with a -.35/1 coupon (doubled -.70) for only .26 a box. (These were $1.25 at the Cumberland Meijer)

After that, we went home and I left the napping baby at home with daddy and went out with my 5 year old. We went to Kmart Super Center and then to Meijer in Cumberland (East Washington Street).

Kmart has cheese for only .88 for 8 ounces! That is a major stock-up price! I will be going back for some more. There was a limit of 6.

I went a bit over budget for the week, but I should be able to make that up next week, since I am really well stocked up now.

The picture above is of a lot of my purchases, but not everything. In the end, I was able to get nearly $300 of groceries and supplies for $93. I will submit a $20 rebate for the turkey taking my OOP for today down to only $73.

If you cut out the Unilever rebate a few weekends ago, don't forget about it! There are sales on a lot of the items this week. I got Ragu for less than .70 a jar at Meijer (with coupons). Also, I got free Ponds face cloths at Kmart. Both of these items will count towards my required purchases for the rebate.

Thanks to the wonderful blogs who helped me snag these deals! Before I go shopping, I just go to the blog I want and print what's on sale with the coupon match-ups. I take the printout with me. It's easy and fast! Then I can look at the store for the items I want and pull my coupons there.

So, where can you find great deals?
Please go to The Grocery Get-Together for this weeks sales! You can find Kmart deals here.

Before you go to Meijer, don't forget to check the Meijer Mealbox for coupons! You can find it at the end of this post.





















I also got several free bottles of V8 fusion and Promise Super-Shots (also on the Unilever rebate!) for a great price too!


No comments: