Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - End of Day Deals











Today for the Thrifty Thursday post, I thought I would ask for your help. I would love to compile a list of "End of Day Deals" for the Indianapolis area.

I have a friend who lives in Fishers and a bakery near her home marks everything down 1/2 off regular price before closing. I have been told (but have not gone myself) that many Meijer Stores mark the pre-sliced lunch meat down to around $1 a lb around 8 pm on weeknights and 9 pm on weekends. It is my understanding that they simply bag the meat or cheese, mark the price and lay it on the top of the meat counter.

Since I don't get out much at night, I've not tried any of these discounts out yet, so I was wondering if any of you know of stores, bakeries or restaurants that give good deals just before closing?

If you do - please share with us! Let us know the store's location and when the discount is given.

1 comment:

Julie said...

The Meijer near me (Carmel) marks down donuts to $1 a dozen at 6 p.m. They hand you a box and you fill it.