Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Tip - My "$5.00 CVS Lesson"











I learned a valuable, "$5.00 CVS Lesson" this weekend. Here it is -Print any CVS coupon that CVS emails to you. Even if you think you will not use it! Just print it!

Last week, I received a $5 off $25 coupon in the email (good through 4/5). I didn't really see any great CVS deals worth $25 and so I never bothered to print the coupon. In the CVS ad for this weekend there is a good diapers/wipes deal and I could have used the $5 off $25 coupon for that deal!

So, I went to the email this morning to print it. I knew the coupon itself was expired - but CVS always takes expired coupons, so no big deal - wrong! The coupon was gone. You can only print the coupon until the expiration date.

"Good-bye President Lincoln." (That's me saying good bye to the extra $5.00 I will now have to pay for the diaper deal!)

Well, this has been a valuable $5.00 lesson for me, because I still need the diapers! But next time CVS sends me a nice little email, I will print any coupon they send me whether I think I need it or not!


If you would like to see the CVS deals for this week go to Drugstore Deals to find them!





Want to read some more CVS tips? Go here for my Top 10 CVS Tip and here for another tip.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Kroger has had $3 peelies on thier store brand diapers. We didn't care for the "standard" version, but the Supreme Comforts were similar to Huggies. The current sale price is $6.99, making each package $3.99 (size 3 is a 35 count pkg in the supremes). They don't last quite as long as the more expensive diapers, but they are great for day use.

Candace said...

Thanks, I'll have to check that out - it is a good price. I don't mind the Kroger diapers - like you said, for the day, they are good.

Sometimes, if I just can't find a good diaper deal I'll buy Target brand diapers, there okay too.

I actually like the CVS Playskool diapers a lot. They seem to work well for my little one, when I can get a good deal on them!